This is the way a beautiful painting was painted at St Mary's Church. A much loved shrine for people to come and visit.
Below the shield, on the carpet stretching down the centre of the mural painting, will be seen the initials and dates:
"R.H. 1378" and "D.H.T. 1921"; they are those of Roger de Haddiscoe and David Thompson, with the dates of the establishment of the original shrine at St. Nicholas' and of its restoration at St. Mary's.